This is a reminder that the Course Intentions period for Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 will begin on Monday, March 13th 2017 at 6:00 a.m. and will end on Sunday, March 19th2017 at 11:59 p.m.
The Course Intentions period is the process where you indicate the courses you wish to take for the upcoming academic year (Fall 2017/Winter 2018) via RAMSS. Participation in Course Intentions is now MANDATORY for returning full-time undergraduate students in all full-time Faculty of Arts programs.
Your participation is important because it assists the department with course planning for the next academic year. It will also give you the some added benefits:
- You will be enrolled into your selected courses (some exceptions may apply such as time conflicts with other courses, a hold on your account, class cancellation, class capacity and more)
- You will have access to priority enrolment in August to amend your schedule
- If you are graduating, you will have first pick of courses you need to meet graduation requirements
- If you claim OSAP you will receive your Confirmation of Enrolment in a timely manner, ensuring earlier receipt of your funds
Steps To Enroll in Course Intentions
- Run your Advisement Report:Your Advisement Report will assist you in planning your course intentions by identifying the curriculum requirements that you have satisfied and the requirements that remain outstanding. Here are guidelines on how to access and use your advisement report: http://www.ryerson.ca/RAMSSsupport/ugrad_grad/academics/advisement_report/
- Select My Classes Offered:Select the “My Classes Offered” link from the “Shopping Cart” link in the Student Centre to display and select Fall and Winter courses that are offered to your program and plan. Select the courses you would like to be enrolled in for the upcoming term and add them to your shopping cart. Don’t forget to VALIDATE your choices. Complete the Course Intention selection process by reviewing your selections and clicking the “Finish Enrolling” button. You will then see a message of “Success the course has been added to your schedule” and NOT just “Success – the course is in your shopping cart”.
If you prefer, you may also use the normal enrolment functions of Class Search, Add, Drop and Swap to submit your Course Intentions
For more information about your program curriculum, please visit the 2017-2018 Ryerson Undergraduate Calendar: http://www.ryerson.ca/calendar/2017-2018/
- Re-run your Advisement Report: Make sure the courses you have selected are satisfying your curriculum requirements.Keep an eye on that “non-applicable box” at the top of your advisement report for courses that may not count.
- Current first-year students. Warning!! Your required courses were automatically enrolled for you as a first-year student. From now on, you need to complete course intentions for ALL required courses yourself.
Students who do not participate in the Course Intentions will be responsible for enrolling in courses that are appropriate to their degree plan during the Open Enrolment period (August 21, 2017 for the Fall 2017 term) and will NOT have access to enroll during the following priority enrollment dates:
1st Year Students: Tuesday, August 8, 2017
4th Year Students: Thursday, August 10, 2017
3rd Year Students: Monday, August 14, 2017
2nd Year Students: Wednesday, August 16, 2017