It’s that time of year when we start to connect with prospective applicants for Fall 2017! We are seeking Arts students to work as ambassadors at Ontario Universities’ Fair (OUF), which is being held on September 23th-25th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
For Ryerson University, the Fair represents one of the most important student recruitment events of the year. With the support of nearly 500 faculty, staff and current students, Ryerson’s presence at the Fairtouches thousands of prospective students. The Faculty of Arts’ presence at OUF is always strong, and prospective applicants welcome the perspective that our current students give on the benefits of choosing Ryerson.
Arts students who volunteered for the 2016 Enrollment Workshops and Orientation are being given first priority to sign up for OUF. This is a paid opportunity–with an hourly pay rate of $12.50. To participate as an Arts student ambassador at OUF, you must attend a training session at one of the times found below. The training session is mandatory; if you cannot attend or do not show up for the training session, you cannot participate in OUF.
Mandatory Training Sessions (choose one):
- Tuesday, September 13 from 2 – 3 p.m. in room SLC 515
- Friday, September 16 from 9 – 10 a.m. in room SLC 515
If you are available to attend one of the above training sessions and would like to participate in OUF, please send an email to Avala Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Monday September 12th, with the following information:
- Your name, program, and student number
- Which training session you will attend September 13thfrom 2-3pm or Sept 16th from 9-10am
- The day (or days) and the shift (or shifts) that you are available to work. There are three shift times–the same on all days of the OUF (Friday, September 23th; Saturday, September 24th, and Sunday, September 25th).
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Since a limited number of students can participate as ambassadors, we will accept students on a first come, first serve basis.