Egale Youth OUTreach (EYO) is looking for dedicated volunteers to offer peer support to queer and trans youth.
Volunteering at EYO is a great learning opportunity for folks hoping to work with queer and trans youth in a social service setting. At EYO you will have the unique experience of interacting with participants and becoming an important and valued part of our community.
- Lived experience as LGBTQI2S community member.
- Understanding of intersectionality, marginalization and a commitment to working within an anti-oppression/anti-racism framework where one is self-reflective of their own power, privilege, and their intersecting identities.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to determine priorities, be self-directed, and work with minimal supervision.
- A commitment of one shift per week for three months is highly encouraged.
- Preparing food, building rapport, and actively engaging with participants throughout the kitchen and drop-in areas.
- Welcoming participants to the centre and fostering a warm and inviting climate.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe, respectful, and confidential space for LGBTQI2S youth in distress.
- Supporting youth to access food and other resources.
- Helping to assess needs, identify priorities, and link participants to resources and other support services.
Location: 183 Carlton Street
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 3pm-7pm.
Please apply here: https://www.kindnessconnect.com/egale/eyo/.
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.