The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change are teaming up with passionate Ontarians to generate new solutions to one of the biggest challenges our society is facing – climate change.
What: Climate Hack-to-Action: Unlocking a Low Carbon Future
[www.Hack2Action.ca] is a hack-a-thon designed to provide participants with a foundational understanding of what is meant by “low carbon” and to use this learning as a catalyst for developing solutions that empower people to reduce their carbon footprints. Teams will participate in the 48-hour hackathon, developing solutions that will be pitched to a panel of judges. Prizes of up to $5,000 will be awarded to the top three pitches.
When: Thursday, April 7th at 4:00 PM – Saturday, April 9th at 5:00 PM (EST)
Where: DMZ – 6th Floor, 10 Dundas St. E, Suite 600. Toronto, ON M5B 2G9
Who: Anyone can participate!
We are looking for participants with diverse skillsets and backgrounds – content expertise, behavioural economics, design-thinking, communications specialists, project management and everything in between.
Interested? Here’s where to register: http://bit.ly/1QSi8Tl
There are 3 ways to get involved:
- Forward this email to your friends and collegues and encourage them to register here [http://bit.ly/1QSi8Tl]
- Volunteer! Email us at email@example.com volunteer.
- Spread the word! Climate Hack-to-Action in future newsletters and social media.
Some sample tweets are listed below:
- .@BrookfieldIIE is teaming up with @environmentont to host #Hack2Action. April 7 – 9. Limited space, Register today http://bit.ly/1QSi8Tl
- Unlock Ontario’s low carbon future. Take part in #Hack2Action, April 7-9th hosted by @BrookfieldBIEE at @RyersonDMZ http://bit.ly/1QSi8Tl
- Canadian households have a direct impact on 45% of carbon emissions. Be part of the solution #Hack2Action #ONclimate http://bit.ly/1QSi8Tl
The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) is a new independent, non-partisan institute, housed within Ryerson University, that is dedicated to studying and strengthening the country’s innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem.