The XIV World Congress of the International Rural Sociological Association (IRSA) is an inclusive forum hosting nearly 1,000 international scholars, practitioners and government representatives working in a variety of fields and disciplines. Its purpose is to address solutions to fight the inequities and injustice faced by many rural peoples, and to build a sustainable relationship between rural and urban regions here in Canada and around the world.
- Receive free registration! When you volunteer for 8 hours you’ll receive free registration and be able to attend IRSA sessions and activities when you are not on a volunteer shift.
- Meet and network with a diverse range of interesting people including other Ryerson students and international congress participants.
- Take advantage of this great opportunity for your personal and professional growth.
- Receive a letter of appreciation from the IRSA organizers attesting the number of volunteer hours you have completed.
- Food and beverage will be provided for all volunteers.
- You will also be given an IRSA volunteer t-shirt.
Who are we looking for?
If you are enthusiastic, dependable and hard-working, then you are exactly who we are looking for. No previous experience is required.
Please note, there will be a brief orientation session (date and time to be confirmed) to ensure that you are properly prepared. Attendance at one of two proposed session times is mandatory for all volunteers.
What roles are available?
Help is needed with:
- Kiosk attendance
- Support with receptions
- Support with attendees and presenters in breakout rooms
- Registration table
- Room setup and tear down
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete and submit the online registration form.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Meg MacLean by email at MegMaclean@arts.ryerson.ca or by phone at 416-979-5190.