Ryerson Orientation is actively recruiting a diverse group of enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible students from across campus to hold leadership roles within the Ryerson Orientation Crew. The Ryerson Orientation Crew are Ryerson’s frontline ambassadors welcoming new students on campus during Orientation Week in the Fall. This is a great opportunity to get involved on campus, expand your network and learn new skills or hone existing ones. The recruitment deadline is on Monday February 29th, 2016. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to welcome Ryerson’s Class of 2020!
There are five positions available to choose from, and each caters to a specific role necessary for the success of Orientation Week 2016.
- Operations Crew
- Orientation Group Leaders
- Spirit Squad
- Senior Operations Crew(previous orientation experience required)
- Senior Orientation Group Leaders (previous orientation experience required)
To apply and for more information about the roles and responsibilities and mandatory time commitment of each, please visit: https://connectru.ryerson.ca/organization/SLP/calendar/details/43840
Sign up form: https://connectru.ryerson.ca/form/start/8538
Benefits of being a Ryerson Orientation Crew (ROC) member include:
- Gain leadership experience through the successful completion of the Ryerson LEAD Blue Certification
- Network with other students and staff on campus during O-Week and monthly socials including indoor tampolines, karaoke, billiards and many others!
- Enhance your resume with a valuable leadership experience
- Group management skills
- Learn about equity, diversity and inclusion issues
- Conflict management and crisis management skills
- Event coordination skills
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
- Participate in a variety of on-going training sessions to develop personally and professionally.
- Practice public speaking skills
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Andrew Bisnauth, Orientation and Events Specialist at email@example.com