Read this post for important information regarding final examinations, including answers to frequently asked questions.
What should I bring?
* Student ID Card (which must be on your desk)
* Sharpened pencils, pens
* Any exam materials allowed by your instructor such as approved calculators
What can I bring?
* A clear plastic water bottle without a label
* A pencil sharpener
* Medically necessary food (you must inform the invigilator)
What has to be left at the coat check or front of the room?
* Notes and books (unless allowed by instructor)
* Coats and hats
* Any other things not allowed by the instructor
* Label your bags as many look alike
What if I don’t want to leave my stuff at the front of the room?
* There is a $1 coat/bag check at the MTCC and free coat/bag check on campus near the Kerr Hall Gyms at the Ryerson Theatre coat check, KHN1C
* Keep your money and credit cards in your pocket, or in the security bag under your desk
* Security bags are available at MTCC, GYM, KHW073, the foyer at TRS, VIC, ENG, SHE and first floor of Kerr Hall East
* Security Bags must be sealed and kept under your chair during the exam * Don’t bring anything valuable that you don’t need
* Ryerson is not responsible for lost or stolen items
What should be placed in the plastic security bag I can put under my desk?
* Cell phones (turned off)
* All electronics, including laptops, iPods, smart watches or any device capable of accessing the internet, storing, capturing or transmitting data. All devices must be turned off.
* Purses and pencil cases
* Any other small valuables
What are important things I need to know about exams?
* You can be up to 30 minutes late
* You will not be allowed into an exam if you are more than 30 minutes late
* You may not leave an exam in the first 30 minutes or last 15 minutes * Academic Integrity Policy 60 is really important: www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/senate/policies/pol60.pdf
* Accessing a cell phone or other unauthorized aid is not allowed and will be treated as a breach of the academic integrity policy www.ryerson.ca/academicintegrity
What do I need to know about the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC)?
* Exams are in Hall D, South Building, 222 Bremner Blvd.
* Approximately a 15-minute walk from Union Station. Follow the Skywalk signs to MTCC.
* A waiting/study area is located on Level 600
* Bring snacks for before or after, as there are very few food and drink kiosks
* Arrive 30 minutes early as it’s a large and busy space