Please view this post for full details on a paid research position available in the Cognitive Aging Lab at Ryerson University.
Job Description: The research assistant (RA) will be responsible for data collection for a Chinese immigrant study, which will be conducted at community centres in uptown regions, including Markham and Richmond Hill areas. The main duties include calling and scheduling sessions with participants, booking rooms via an online system, and administering and scoring neuropsychological tests and questionnaires in Mandarin. Training will be provided. The successful candidate will report to Ph.D. student, Brenda Wong, at the Cognitive Aging Laboratory at Ryerson University. Brenda Wong is also the principle investigator of this immigrant study.
- Fluent in Mandarin; ability to read and write Chinese
- Ability to travel to uptown areas, such as Markham and Richmond Hill
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a bachelor program in psychology
- Previous RA experience in a lab setting
- Previous experience working with an elderly population
- Previous experience administering neuropsychological assessments and/or questionnaires
Pay Rate and Schedule: The RA will receive $17/hour + benefits. The expected starting date will be early October 2015 and the expected end date will be end of December 2015. The contract may be extended after December. The RA is expected to work for 6 hours/week. Work schedule is flexible.
To apply, please send your CV/Resume and a cover letter, along with the names and contacts of three potential referees to Brenda Wong. E‐mail: email@example.com. The deadline of application is September 30, 2014