Are you interested in becoming involved with a crisis counselling centre providing counselling, case management, access to basic needs, and drop-in programming to LGBTQ2S+ youth (under 29)?! Do you identify as LGBTQ2S+? Egale Youth OUTreach (EYO) is looking for reliable and enthusiastic volunteers!
EYO is located in downtown Toronto. From 3-7pm Monday-Friday, we provide a drop-in space with access to counselling, case management, food, various resources, and internet access in a welcoming and comfortable space. Volunteering at EYO is a great learning opportunity for folks hoping to work with queer youth in a social service setting. At EYO you will have the unique experience of interacting with clients and becoming an important and valued part of our community.
Volunteers are expected to work at least one shift per week (4 hours) for at least six months and training is provided and required to work in our space.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Engage with participants and make them feel welcome and comfortable in the drop-in space.
- Prepare food for participants.
- Work with the peer resource workers and counsellors to help participants access community resources.
- Provide informal peer support to participants.
- Assist with cleaning duties.
- Complete other tasks or projects as assigned.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested.