Rebecca Dirnfeld, Career Consultant – Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Science has received information regarding a job opening from Special Olympics Canada (7 week contract) for Program Assistant – Major Games & Program Development. 3rd year students are encouraged to apply.
If you choose to apply, please reference Rebecca in your cover letter (that you received this job posting from her). If you would like her to review a FINAL DRAFT of your resume/cover letter (ensure that is the most up-to-date and ready to be sent out version) please email her with the attachment.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS CANADA
Position Title: Program Assistant – Major Games & Program Development
Reporting To: Director Sport & Competition
Date April 27, 2015
Primary Area of Responsibility
The Program Assistant provides support to the National Team Program; National Games; and Team Canada’s participation for World Games. In addition they will assist with ongoing sport department initiatives.
The Program Assistant has the following accountabilities:
- Assist with the logistics of National Team Program
- Assist in the coordination of logistics for the National Team staging and send-off
- Assist in the logistic for the Team’s World Games experience (uniform process, itineraries, electronic and hard copy mission book, etc)
- Assist with on-going Sport Department initiatives
- A student between the ages of 15 and 30
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of sport and the Canadian sport system
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate in Canada’s two official languages is a definite asset.
- Strong project management skills with an attention to detail;
- A self-directed and enthusiastic team player attitude;
This position is supported by the Government of Canada summer student program. (Minimum wage)
The position will be a seven week contract, 30 hours a week beginning May 4, 2015.
Any interested applicants should send a resume to Ross Ste-Croix, 416-927-9050 x4386, firstname.lastname@example.org.