The William Glassman Prize in Psychology was donated by Professor Emeritus William Glassman of the Department of Psychology at Ryerson University. Each year, this prize (a minimum of $500) will be awarded at the end of the academic year to one full-time 3rd year undergraduate Psychology student who meets the criteria and guidelines. Students will typically apply for this award at or near the completion of their third year of study.
- Students must be enrolled in their third year of study in the Psychology degree program at the time of application, and be enrolled with a Clear standing at the time of receiving the award.
- Students must have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 (cumulative GPA up to and including the winter semester of the third year).
- Students must demonstrate both a high level of academic achievement and also evidence of active involvement in community service (within Ryerson and/or to organizations in the broader community).
Students may be self-nominated or be nominated by their peers or Department of Psychology faculty or staff. Applicants should write, in confidence, to the Chair, Psychology Student Awards Committee, naming The William Glassman Prize in Psychology and explaining how they meet the Award criteria.
The application should include:
- A cover letter of one to two pages describing why they are a suitable candidate for the award.
- Resumé identifying both academic achievements and community service (within Ryerson and/or to organizations in the broader community)
- Ryerson University transcript (an unofficial transcript will be subject to verification by the Undergraduate Program Administrator)
- Two single-page confidential letters of support (one from a Psychology Department faculty member, the other preferably related to community service) in sealed envelopes with the referees’ signature over the seal.
The complete application must be submitted to the office of the Undergraduate Program Administrator (Sarah Carmichael) in JOR-901 of Jorgenson Hall by 4pm, Monday May 4th, 2015. Electronic submissions will not be considered. Applicants will be notified of the results by Monday, May 25th, 2015, and will be presented the award at the Annual Psychology Student Research and Awards Celebration to be held on Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.