Are you looking for a way to get more involved in the Psychology program and with the Ryerson community? Are you an enthusiastic team-player, a committed and motivated self-starter, and/or passionate about enhancing both your and your classmates’ time at university? If you answered yes to these questions, then the Psychology Students’ Association wants YOU!!
The PSA will be accepting nominations for the executive team for the 2015/2016 school year until March 16th
Non-elected positions are included further down in the email.
Open elected positions are:
Vice President – Finance
Vice President – Operations
Vice President – Student Life/Events
Vice President – Social Media/Advertising
Duties of each role (briefly) include:
- President: oversees and manages the PSA in all its functions and capacities, set agendas and chair meetings, act as liaison between RSU and the PSA, and between the PSA and the Psychology Department. This position is only open to students with previous, executive PSA experience.
- VP Finance: supervises all PSA funds in an efficient and ethical manner, maintain financial records of all transactions and account balances, oversee executives assigned to the treasury committee. Manages the PSA budget and additional funding towards student activities.
- VP Operations: oversees all administrative/secretarial duties for the PSA, checks & replies to emails, must record meeting minutes, and represents the PSA in all matters. Oversees executives assigned to operational team.
- VP Student Life & Events: Must be responsible for booking rooms for PSA events, be highly involved in all PSA event planning & implementation, and supervise executives of the events executive committee.
- VP Social Media/Advertising: responsible for maintaining the PSA social media activities, in charge of maintaining Instagram, Facebook page, Twitter account and PSA website, oversee the media/advertising executive committee and with the promotion of the PSA’s events and mandate.
All positions entail mandatory attendance at PSA meetings
You can find a nomination form attached to this email, and hard copies will be available in the Arts Commons (POD349), in Sarah’s office (JOR901) or email the PSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll send you one! You can nominate yourself or your friends!
Completed nomination forms for Executive positions must be submitted to Sarah Carmichael in JOR901 (or put in the box) by Friday March 16th at 5:00pm.
The following are non-elected positions, new to the PSA for the year of 2015/2016.
First Year Representative l Second Year Representative
Third Year Representative l Fourth Year Representative
Role: Representing students based on the year of study to the PSA, as well as representing PSA to students of respective academic year, direct liaison between students and PSA, Exclusive executive member**
Deputy Executive Members:
Deputy Finance l Deputy Operations
Deputy Social Life/Events l Deputy Social Media/Advertising
Role: Working alongside the Vice Presidents for efficient operation of sub committees, roles and objectives similar to that of the respective Vice President.
The year representatives and the deputy positions are appointed based on a brief interview process. Please email email@example.com to apply
Become a part of something bigger! Become a member of your community! Become a member of YOUR PSA!